Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sensory Bottles

Wave Bottle, Bubble Bottle, Slow Motion Bottle

This can be a great calming activity. They are fun to shake or roll and watch what happens with the different contents inside of the bottle.
Wave Bottle: fill 3/4 of the way with water, then add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and a few drops of food coloring.
Bubble Bottle: fill 3/4 of the way with water, then add 2 tablespoons of dish soap. We added food coloring to this one as well.
Slow Motion Bottle: fill with a clear thick liquid, such as light corn syrup, shampoo or hair gel. Then add small items of your choice. I put fun beads, small metal scrapbook eyelets, paperclips, safety pins, and glitter.
Be sure to add a little super glue to the inside of the lid so your child can't open the bottle!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

CUTE! You never cease to amaze me!I love that I usually have all the supplies at home for these ideas! My kids would love these bottles. Also, my girls got onto this site yesterday and made the cereal box flip flops. Thanks for all the ideas!

Followers